Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
with Health IT: A Policy Change Agent is sponsored by HIMSS, a cause-based, not-for-profit organization exclusively focused on providing global leadership to transform healthcare through the use of information technology. Today's nationally recognized experts will share their perspectives on the dynamic use of IT and how it is transforming healthcare delivery, payment and policy.
Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
Thursday - 5/3/2012, 11:51am EDT
As we near critical health policy deadlines, it is essential for the federal sector to understand how secure, interoperable health data exchange can improve the quality, cost-effectiveness, access, and safety of care. Laws, such as the Affordable Care Act, are influencing how IT must be harnessed by providers and payers in the public & private sectors.
Join seasoned healthcare policy leaders in a lively discussion on how today's health IT initiatives (such as meaningful use) will catalyze healthcare transformation. How harnessing the power of IT enables better decisions through clinical and business intelligence; lessons learned from the Recovery Act's Beacon communities; engaging patients as active players in their own care; and, how electronic, secure information exchange of health information enables an improved delivery system.
This discussion is designed as a primer for in-depth learning and networking at the Government Health IT Conference in Washington DC on June 11th & 12th at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center.
Moderator: Carla Smith, MA, NCMN, FHIMSS - Executive Vice President, HIMSS
Honorable James B. Peake, MD, LTG (Ret.) - Former Secretary of Veterans Affairs and Surgeon General of the Army, Senior Vice President, CGI Federal
Honorable Aneesh Chopra- Former U.S. Chief Technology Officer, Senior Advisor, The Advisory Board Company
Judy Murphy, RN, FACMI, FHIMSS, FAAN - Deputy National Coordinator for Programs and Policy, Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services