Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
How to protect your agency's mobile devices from hackers
Tuesday - 6/7/2011, 7:26pm EDT
They will discuss the security requirements needed to protect smart phones, iPads and new tablet devices that have entered the marketplace.
"Endpoint" security is the new term in order to be able control these devices.
Bordwine will talk about that, and he will discuss the concept of network access control and how it can apply to mobile devices.
Symantec has a wide variety of offerings that include encryption as well as two factor authentication.
The challenge is matching the security requirements of your agency in the fast changing world of portable devices.