Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
How to design federal web sites for mobile devices
Tuesday - 5/10/2011, 7:25pm EDT
They will discuss how to design government websites to be mobile friendly.
Brashear will talk about best practices for app design, operating systems, and government change agents.
- should you include video for hand held in your website?
- should you have a separate website for mobile or design your web site for hand held traffic?
- what about HTML 5.O?
- Is it worthwhile to wait for the transition to HTML 5.O?
Brashear and Gilroy will also talk about the Government Web and new Media Conference, where representatives from the Department of Interior, GSA, and ATF presented some of their experiences with trying to adapt a federal web site for a mobile audience.