Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Navy CIO writes first -- and last -- blog post
Thursday - 12/16/2010, 4:43pm EST
Halvorsen wrote, "There is much work to be done, and I plan to fully engage with the Navy, Marine Corps and Secretariat level leaders through face-to-face meetings when possible."
He instead directs communication to the Navy blog, The Pulse."
Defense Systems reports that predecessor Robert Carey was praised for being the first federal CIO to host a public blog, which he started in 2008 and continued until he left the post in June.
Halvorsen wrote in the blog psot that he will continue to write the quarterly CIO column for CHIPS Magazine.
(h/t Noel Dickover)
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.