Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Navy CIO writes first -- and last -- blog post
Thursday - 12/16/2010, 4:43pm EST
Halvorsen wrote, "There is much work to be done, and I plan to fully engage with the Navy, Marine Corps and Secretariat level leaders through face-to-face meetings when possible."
He instead directs communication to the Navy blog, The Pulse."
Defense Systems reports that predecessor Robert Carey was praised for being the first federal CIO to host a public blog, which he started in 2008 and continued until he left the post in June.
Halvorsen wrote in the blog psot that he will continue to write the quarterly CIO column for CHIPS Magazine.
(h/t Noel Dickover)
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.