Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Is the telephone dead?
Monday - 11/15/2010, 3:39pm EST
TechCrunch reports that phone calls are on their way out. With alternatives like Google Voice and Skype, there are an increasing number of reasons not to use the voice service on your phone.
According to TechCrunch, "If old media has taught us anything, it's that it takes most industries at least a generation to be completely disrupted, especially something as powerful as Big Telco. But we are definitely on our way there."
This story is part of our daily DorobekINSIDER Must Reads. Be sure to check out the full list of stories.