Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obama to set up watchdog for online privacy
Friday - 11/12/2010, 1:15pm EST
In the coming weeks, the president will unveil a plan giving new powers to the Commerce Department. The administration will also propose legislation to protect personally identifiable information,The Wall Street Journal reports.
The White House already set up a special task force to write Internet policy. The panel is chaired by Cameron Kerry, the Commerce general counsel and brother of Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.).
The administration states it is concerned with the increasingly important role of the Internet in people's daily lives.
This story is part of our daily DorobekINSIDER Must Reads. Be sure to check out the full list of stories.