Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
IG report: DHS data center condolidation needs improvement
Wednesday - 10/27/2010, 4:53pm EDT
According to the report, DHS has established the Data Center Consolidation Division and two enterprise data centers. Also, the department has awarded contracts for the operations of these data centers and has migrated computing resources to the new facilities.
The government-wide initiative to consolidate nearly 2,100 data centers has been plagued by a massive miscount of 1,000 data centers. The report recommended DHS develop a complete inventory of data centers and related systems, hardware and software.
The OIG also recommended updating the data center consolidation strategic plan, including adding lessons learned.
This story is part of our daily DorobekINSIDER Must Reads. Be sure to check out the full list of stories.