Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Microsoft cloud helps deliver virtual ballots to voters overseas
Wednesday - 10/6/2010, 2:48pm EDT
But technology is changing that.
Election technology firm Democracy Live is partnering with the Microsoft Windows Azure cloud platform to launch LiveBallot, a tool to make it easier for overseas citizens to vote, Government Technology reports.
LiveBallot allows voters living anywhere in the world to register for and securely access an absentee ballot online, according to Bryan Finney, executive director of Democracy Live. LiveBallot isn't Internet voting, Finney said, but a tool that enables voters to print, mail and track ballots, and find out when they're received and processed by a county election office.
This story is part of our daily DorobekINSIDER Must Reads. Be sure to check out the full list of stories.