Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Microsoft cloud helps deliver virtual ballots to voters overseas
Wednesday - 10/6/2010, 2:48pm EDT
But technology is changing that.
Election technology firm Democracy Live is partnering with the Microsoft Windows Azure cloud platform to launch LiveBallot, a tool to make it easier for overseas citizens to vote, Government Technology reports.
LiveBallot allows voters living anywhere in the world to register for and securely access an absentee ballot online, according to Bryan Finney, executive director of Democracy Live. LiveBallot isn't Internet voting, Finney said, but a tool that enables voters to print, mail and track ballots, and find out when they're received and processed by a county election office.
This story is part of our daily DorobekINSIDER Must Reads. Be sure to check out the full list of stories.