Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Microsoft cloud helps deliver virtual ballots to voters overseas
Wednesday - 10/6/2010, 2:48pm EDT
But technology is changing that.
Election technology firm Democracy Live is partnering with the Microsoft Windows Azure cloud platform to launch LiveBallot, a tool to make it easier for overseas citizens to vote, Government Technology reports.
LiveBallot allows voters living anywhere in the world to register for and securely access an absentee ballot online, according to Bryan Finney, executive director of Democracy Live. LiveBallot isn't Internet voting, Finney said, but a tool that enables voters to print, mail and track ballots, and find out when they're received and processed by a county election office.
This story is part of our daily DorobekINSIDER Must Reads. Be sure to check out the full list of stories.