Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Minnesota launches landmark Microsoft cloud collaboration
Tuesday - 9/28/2010, 2:58pm EDT
Minnesota will be the first state to house key business applications in a private cloud environment.
"We cannot afford to be bashful about being an early adopter," Gopal Khanna, the state's CIO, said in Government Technology. "Why shouldn't government be at the cutting edge? That requires not only exploring the possibilities, but having the courage to apply and use them."
Under the agreement, the state can combine business applications in one unified package through Microsoft's online hosting, reducing redundancies and saving millions of dollars in future upgrades.
This story is part of our daily DorobekINSIDER Must Reads. Be sure to check out the full list of stories.