Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Minnesota launches landmark Microsoft cloud collaboration
Tuesday - 9/28/2010, 2:58pm EDT
Minnesota will be the first state to house key business applications in a private cloud environment.
"We cannot afford to be bashful about being an early adopter," Gopal Khanna, the state's CIO, said in Government Technology. "Why shouldn't government be at the cutting edge? That requires not only exploring the possibilities, but having the courage to apply and use them."
Under the agreement, the state can combine business applications in one unified package through Microsoft's online hosting, reducing redundancies and saving millions of dollars in future upgrades.
This story is part of our daily DorobekINSIDER Must Reads. Be sure to check out the full list of stories.