Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Cyber Warfare Prevention - Securing Your Software and Applications
Monday - 6/7/2010, 7:04pm EDT
The sophistication of security breaches of federal information systems and reports of improper access to these systems continues to grow at an alarming rate. Clearly, there is concern about and a desire to improve the security of these critical infrastructures. So where and how do we begin to effectively safeguard today's systems from cyber threats and increasing system vulnerabilities?
As part of Fortify's mission to help government agencies fight cyber crime and the growing advanced persistent threat, we have created a panel discussion with some of the most experienced former government leaders to discuss why securing your software and applications is key to proactively thwarting cyber warfare.
This highly dynamic discussion will talk about what we can do now and in the long term to achieve the strongest posture possible to confront cyber threats. Topics will include:
- Understanding current regimens, such as FISMA, National level Certification and Accreditation mechanisms, and the proposed cyber legislation that will help guide security best practices.
- Guidelines and suggestions for raising the priority of security in the enterprise
- Future challenges and recommendations for staying ahead of emerging new threats and fully utilizing Web 2.0 technologies and cloud computing
Robert Lentz - (Former) Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Cyber, Identity and Information Assurance (CIIA) in the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense, Networks and Information Integration/Chief Information Officer
Kevin Carroll - President, The Kevin Carroll Group
Joseph A. Grace, Jr - (Founder)President and Chief Executive Officer, Grace and Associates, LLC
Tom Temin - co-host, Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Jane Norris
About the Panel:
(Former) Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense
Cyber, Identity and Information Assurance (CIIA)
Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense, Networks and Information Integration/Chief Information Office
Mr. Lentz has received the NSA Resource Manager of the Year Award, the Defense Meritorious Service Award, the 2003 Presidential Rank Award, and the 2004 "Federal 100" award. He also received the highest-level honorary award the Department can bestow on a civilian employee, the prestigious Secretary of Defense Distinguished Civilian Service Award and the 2006 "Top 20" Excellence.gov Award. In 2008, he was named Information Security government Executive of the year for the Middle Atlantic region, culminating in his award as the North American Executive of the year. In 2009, he received the Department of Defense Medal for Distinguished Civilian Service and the Director, National Security Agency / Chief, Central Security Service Distinguished Service Medal. Additionally he was the recipient of the RSA award for Excellence in the Field of Security Practices and the SANS Cyber Leadership award.
The Kevin Carroll Group
Mr. Carroll obtained both his Bachelor of Science Degree and his Masters Degree from the University of Maryland. He is also a graduate of the Federal Executive Institute and a member of the NMCA Board of Advisors and is very active in the defense information technology community.
Mr. Carroll has 32 years of Government experience and 26 of those years were in the Federal Information Systems arena. Mr. Carroll served in the U.S. Army 1972-1974.
Joseph A. Grace, Jr.
(Founder)President and Chief Executive Officer
Grace and Associates, LLC
From 2001 - 2004 he was assigned as a Special Projects Officer and Spokesperson for the Navy Marine Corps Intranet initiative (NMCI), the largest single network ever deployed.
In September of 2004, he was selected by the Senior Leadership of the Navy Reserve and the Surgeon General of the Navy to be recalled to Active Duty on a special assignment as a Captain, USN, as the first Chief Information Officer for Navy Medicine, responsible for all Information Technology and Information Management of a 48,000 person Command, on land, sea and with the deployed Marine Forces. In that capacity, he was responsible for the management, policy and oversight of all business development and process for all Information Technology for Navy Medicine. He and his staff developed the first IM/IT strategic plan for Navy Medicine and consolidated all major business areas under one CIO. During his tenure his team established the organizational structure, policy and plans and execution strategy for all of Navy Medicine and transformed the enterprise in every way. Captain Grace was a direct report to the Surgeon General and was nominated as Department of Defense CIO of the Year by the Command.
Captain Grace has long been noted for exceptional customer-vendor team building, superb relationships, insightful trouble shooting of systems and process and highly acclaimed dynamic briefings that combine humor, articulate descriptions of the issues and high energy. He has had an extensive focus on business process, leadership, technology integration and partnerships. Captain Grace has developed exceptional relationships at every level throughout the Department of Defense, commercial industry and state and local government. He has an exceptional proven track record of success. He is always brought in as an idea man and change agent who has the creative talent and management expertise to transform any organization