Scientist Infected with Computer Virus

Monday - 5/31/2010, 7:52pm EDT

A British scientist claims to be the first human to have been infected (so to speak) with a computer virus after he contaminated an electronic chip which was inserted into his hand. Dr Mark Gasson, of the University of Reading, says the device was programmed with a virus which could transfer itself to other electronic systems that it came in contact with, raising the possibility that in the future, advanced medical devices like pacemakers could become vulnerable to cyber attack.