Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Harris changing the IT tone at Dept. of Education
Monday - 4/12/2010, 4:20pm EDT
Harris says the goal is to improve how technology can solve the agency's mission challenges and make the application of technology more efficient.
But over time, Harris hopes to focus less on the day-to-day operations and more on strategy.
He already is leading Education's assessment initiative, which he says is a little unusual. "I think it's based on my experience at the department and not because of my role."
One area where Harris will always have a significant hand in is cybersecurity. He says Education plans on hiring as many as seven new employees to focus on cybersecurity, and hire a contractor to assess the current status of the agency's systems.