6:02 pm, May 23, 2013
Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Harris changing the IT tone at Dept. of Education
Monday - 4/12/2010, 4:20pm EDT
Harris says the goal is to improve how technology can solve the agency's mission challenges and make the application of technology more efficient.
But over time, Harris hopes to focus less on the day-to-day operations and more on strategy.
He already is leading Education's assessment initiative, which he says is a little unusual. "I think it's based on my experience at the department and not because of my role."
One area where Harris will always have a significant hand in is cybersecurity. He says Education plans on hiring as many as seven new employees to focus on cybersecurity, and hire a contractor to assess the current status of the agency's systems.