Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
DorobekINSIDER: GSA’s Johnson on Williams: ‘I’m sad to see Jim go’
Tuesday - 3/9/2010, 2:00am EST
The DorobekINSIDER told you earlier that Jim Williams, the commissioner of GSA’s Federal Acquisition Service, is retiring after more than 30-years of government service.
GSA Administrator Martha Johnson has sent out a note to GSA staff:
Good Afternoon Everyone,
I’d like to share some news with you.
Jim Williams, FAS Commissioner, announced today that he is retiring from government after more than 30 years of service.
Though I’m sad to see Jim go, I am excited for him as he starts the next phase of his life and career.
Please join me in congratulating Jim on his retirement, and thanking him for his service to GSA and our nation.
The note he sent to FAS employees is below.