Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
DorobekINSIDER: Sen. Brown to be ranking member on contracting oversight subcommittee
Tuesday - 3/2/2010, 2:00am EST
The DorobekINSIDER reported first that Sen. Scott Brown (R-MA) will take over as the ranking member of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs ad hoc subcommittee on contracting oversight.
Brown will replace Sen. Bill Bennett (R-UT).
Brown is well known for winning the Massachusetts senate seat. But he is perhaps best know to feds because, in one of his first post-election interviews on ABC’s This Week, said that feds were overpaid.
We need to put a freeze on federal hires and federal raises because, as you know, federal employees are making twice as much as their private counterparts.
What we don’t know are his thoughts and ideas about government contracting.
The contracting oversight subcommittee was created this year at the request of Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO).