Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
DorobekInsider: Clearing the desk – and stories mentioned on the Daily Debrief
Wednesday - 8/19/2009, 3:48pm EDT
Cleaning off the desk and some of the stories mentioned on Federal News Radio 1500 AM’s Daily Debrief with Chris Dorobek and Amy Morris:
* National Journal’s Tech Daily Dose: Former TV newsman to join the intel’s ‘analytic transformation’
John Miller, a broadcast journalist who parlayed his expertise on terrorism into a career with local law enforcement and later the FBI, plans to leave the bureau to help lead reform efforts for the intelligence community. According to sources familiar with Miller’s plans, he would move to the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, where he’d head up a team devoted to “analytic transformation.”
* CNet’s Technically Incorrect blog: Why Twitter isn’t pointless babble
Have you ever sat in a bar or a coffee shop, just watching what people do, examining the expressions on their faces, or just desperately trying to overhear the endearing nonsense that emerges from their mouths?
That’s how I think of Twitter.
* Happy birthday to Scott Burns, CEO and co-founder of GovDelivery, which focuses on helping agencies reach out to the public. [Read Burns' blog here... and follow him on Twitter at twitter.com/smburns. Federal News Radio featured Burns as part of Federal News Radio's Meet the Innovator series. Hear that conversation here... and find all of the Meet the Innovator conversations here.] Burns shares his birthday with Coco Chanel, creator of the “little black dress”, the late great Frank McCourt. Other people born on this date: former President Bill Clinton and Star Trek creator Gene Roddenberry — live long and prosper.