Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Dave McClure lands at cloud, cyber company as chief strategist
Tuesday - 9/2/2014, 11:30am EDT
McClure is the new chief strategist for the Veris Group, a cybersecurity firm in Vienna, Virginia.
The company announced Tuesday that McClure will work with state and federal agencies to implement cloud computing technologies to better secure and modernize IT infrastructure."We are extremely honored to be able to work alongside Dave, who has made such a positive transformation to information technology in the public sector," said Dave Svec, Veris Group's managing principal and co-founder, in a release. "Dave will be an invaluable asset to help guide Veris Group's strategic position in the marketplace and to help us develop valuable service offerings for our customers."
McClure comes to Veris after spending almost five years as the General Services Administration's associate administrator for the Office of Citizens Services and Innovative Technologies. McClure left GSA in June.
During his tenure at GSA, McClure was instrumental in almost every major Obama administration IT initiative. He oversaw the implementation and running of the Data.gov platform as part of the White House's open data initiative.
McClure played a key role in moving the government toward cloud computing, by overseeing the creation of contract vehicles first for infrastructure-as-a-service and later for email-as-a-service. He then led the effort to create the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP), establishing cybersecurity standards for vendors providing cloud services. Veris is an accredited third-party assessment organization under FedRAMP.
This was McClure's second tour in government. He spent the first 18 years of his career working for the Government Accountability Office, where he oversaw federal IT efforts and was part of the team that helped craft the Clinger-Cohen Act. McClure also worked at Gartner Inc. as its managing vice president for its Government Research Team for four years.
Veris says its clients include the departments of Agriculture, Commerce, Education, Homeland Security, Justice, Labor, Interior, Treasury and Veterans Affairs, as well as the Defense Information Systems Agency, the Federal Communications Commission and the Defense Logistics Agency.