Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
HUD's Danzig heading to OMB to lead performance office
Wednesday - 2/12/2014, 4:12pm EST
An OMB official confirmed Danzig is coming to the agency from the Department of Housing and Urban Development where she was the director of strategic planning and management since 2012. She recently moved out the director's role and into a special adviser's position. Henry Hensley now is the acting director in HUD's office, according to its website.
The official didn't say when Danzig would start at OMB.
Danzig replaces Shelley Metzenbaum, who left the administration in May and now is the president of the Volcker Alliance, an organization to help rebuild trust in government.
"Lisa's appointment signals that the Obama administration continues its strong commitment to managing outcomes and ROI, not just activities, using stretch goals in priority areas and data-rich discussions," Metzenbaum said in an email. "Secretary [Shaun] Donovan and Lisa, as his performance improvement officer, demonstrated how powerful this management approach can be. They used it to engage people — not just those at HUD but people in organizations across the country — to ask better questions and continually experiment to find smarter ways to make progress. It will be great to have Lisa bring her experience to OMB."
Dustin Brown has been the acting associate director since Metzenbaum left.
At OMB, Danzig will oversee the day-to-day operations of the administration's performance management initiative, including the cross-agency priority goals and the agency-by-agency establishment of high priority goals.
"The Office of Performance and Personnel Management leads the effort to drive mission-focused performance improvements across the federal government, guides agency strategic and annual planning, performance reviews and performance reporting, and works closely with the U.S. Office of Personnel Management to implement effective personnel policies and practices across the federal government," the official said.
During her time at HUD, Danzig helped further the use of performance data to make decisions through the HUDStat program. Under HUDStat, senior officials (reviewed performance data and make decisions to improve or change key mission programs.
In fact, Performance.gov uses a HUD example to illustrate data-driven reviews.
Danzig also worked for the City of New York's Department of Housing, Preservation and Development as the assistant commissioner of the Strategic Planning Group. Additionally she spent two years in the private sector working for management consulting firm Katzenbach Partners.