Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Charles Rothwell chosen as next NCHS director
Monday - 12/23/2013, 5:58pm EST
Rothwell's previous job was as director of the NCHS Division of Vital Statistics. He succeeds Dr. Edward Sondik, who stepped down as NCHS director in April to retire.
Federal News Radio named Rothwell as one of its Top Leaders in Federal Service last February. A panel of judges chose him along with four others from a pool of 62 nominated leaders for this distinction.
"If you're a leader, it's not about you," Rothwell said, in an interview. "It's about the organization, the people. They are the ones that get you to where you are going. You're not the one that's dragging them. They're pushing you. So what you need to do is to give them your vision, then let them tell you how they think you can get there and put that together as a plan and move out. It's really about giving people an idea of where they need to be, where we want to be in the future and then letting them decide how we're going to get there. If you've got good people, you'll get there."