Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Acting head named to Small Business Administration
Tuesday - 8/20/2013, 4:08pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- An official in the Small Business Administration has been named acting head of the agency.
Jeanne Hulit, the SBA's associate administrator in its Office of Capital Access, will take over from current SBA Administrator Karen Mills when Mills leaves her post later this month. A search for a permanent successor for Mills is continuing.
Mills announced Hulit's appointment in a memo to the SBA staff that was released by the Washington-based agency's spokeswoman, Emily Cain.
Hulit's office oversees the SBA's loan programs for small business. She has also served as a regional SBA administrator.
Mills, who announced in February that she planned to resign, said last month she would leave at the end of August. It's not known when a permanent successor will be named.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.