Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
2012 Causey Awards Winner - Mary Santiago
Monday - 7/16/2012, 5:02am EDT
Veteran Employment Services Office, VA
FROM HER NOMINATION:
Mary Santiago, through her innate leadership abilities, dedication, and ability to foster collaboration across stakeholders, has spent the last year leveraging her passion and unwavering commitment to supporting veterans to implement VA for Vets.
VA for Vets is transforming the way VA recruits, hires, retains and reintegrates veterans and military service members. As early as this summer, the federal government is set to fully adopt the VA for Vets platform as a full-lifecycle solution for veteran employment.
Santiago's accomplishments over the course of last year have been beyond extraordinary. As an Army veteran, her passion for supporting fellow veterans is the catalyst that is transforming veteran employment not only within VA, but across the rest of the government.
IN HER OWN WORDS:
Mary Santiago tells Federal News Radio how to translate military skills to "civilian speak."
Want to hear more from Mary Santiago? Listen to our full radio interview with the Causey Award winner in the "Listen" box above.
GET TO KNOW THE AWARD WINNER:
- My job title is Director, Veterans Employment Services Office. My job title should be Chief Veteran Advocate.
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received? "Go with your gut."
- What is the worst piece of advice you have ever received? "Don't stand out."
- Who has been your biggest role model, and why? My parents - their sense of humor, their intelligence and their ability to make eight kids believe there is absolutely nothing we could not do.
- If I could do it over again, I would pick my battles and not fight them all.
- If I could have one super power it would be appear and disappear at will.
- In my opinion, life is too short.
- If you didn't work for the federal government, what would be your dream job? Decorator.
- What is the last book you read? "The Help."
- I'd rather be in Tuscany drinking wine and eating pasta.
Federal News Radio awarded six individuals with a 2012 Causey Award. Read more about each of the recipients.