Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
2012 Causey Awards Winner - Patricia Pointer
Monday - 7/16/2012, 4:45am EDT
Deputy Comptroller for HR
Office of the Comptroller of the Currency
FROM HER NOMINATION:
In 2011, Patricia Pointer's responsibilities included leading the human capital aspects of integrating the Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS), an independent agency, into the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency as a result of the 2010 Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform Act. She ensured the transition of 700 employees went smoothly, protected the rights of employees, maximized their opportunities and met their needs during a period of extraordinary change, while at the same time helping to ensure success of the OCC's new and expanded mission. As a result of her effort, no employee was displaced or adversely impacted.
These are herculean efforts, which Pointer accomplished with grace and competence, all the while helping the OCC maintain its tremendous ranking as one of the very best places to work, based on employee responses to the annual Office of Personnel Management Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey.
IN HER OWN WORDS:
Patricia tells Federal News Radio about the similarities between HR and teaching.
Want to hear more from Patricia Pointer? Listen to our full radio interview with the Causey Award winner in the "Listen" box above.
GET TO KNOW THE AWARD WINNER:
- My job title is Deputy Comptroller for Human Resources. My job title should be Trusted Advisor.
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received? Listen to your conscience.
- What is the worst piece of advice you have ever received? I really can't think of any. I've had the benefit of a lot of wise people in my life.
- Who has been your biggest role model, and why? My dad. He instilled in me so many of my fundamental values. The importance of hard work, dependability, promise keeping, gratitude, and so much more.
- If I could do it over again, I would go to law school.
- If I could have one super power it would be to have a "reset" button.
- In my opinion, public service is under appreciated these days. It's a noble profession that deserves to be honored and valued.
- If you didn't work for the federal government, what would be your dream job? I love what I am doing now and am quite content.
- What is the last book you read? I'm now reading "A Good Man: Rediscovering my father, Sargent Shriver" by Mark Shriver. I did not fully appreciate what an amazing public servant and committed family man he was. It's very inspirational.
- I'd rather be sailing on the Chesapeake Bay!
Federal News Radio awarded six individuals with a 2012 Causey Award. Read more about each of the recipients.