Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Welsh nominated for Air Force chief of staff
Friday - 5/11/2012, 10:52am EDT
Gen. Mark A. Welsh (U.S. Air Force photo)
If confirmed, Welsh would succeed Gen. Norton Schwartz, who is retiring this summer.
Welsh has flown more than than 3,400 hours. He completed multiple combat missions during Operation Desert Storm. And he's a 1976 graduate of the Air Force Academy.
Welsh currently commands U.S. air forces in Europe. Schwartz gets credit for reforming the Air Force's handling of nuclear weapons following several highly publicized missteps.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report brought to you by United Health Military and Veterans Services. For more defense news, click here.