Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
DoD nominees face Senate hearings
Monday - 4/30/2012, 7:17pm EDT
Kathleen Hicks, the nominee for principal deputy under secretary of defense for Policy, was a career Pentagon official for 13 years before spending several years at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
Derek Chollet, the nominee for assistant secretary of defense for International Security Affairs, has also done a stint at CSIS, along with the Center for a New American Security, and the Brookings Institution. He is senior director for Strategic Planning for the National Security Staff at the White House. He served as principal deputy director in the Office of Policy Planning at the State Department from 2009 to 2011.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report brought to you by United Health Military and Veterans Services. For more defense news, click here.