Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
DoD nominees face Senate hearings
Monday - 4/30/2012, 7:17pm EDT
Kathleen Hicks, the nominee for principal deputy under secretary of defense for Policy, was a career Pentagon official for 13 years before spending several years at the Center for Strategic and International Studies.
Derek Chollet, the nominee for assistant secretary of defense for International Security Affairs, has also done a stint at CSIS, along with the Center for a New American Security, and the Brookings Institution. He is senior director for Strategic Planning for the National Security Staff at the White House. He served as principal deputy director in the Office of Policy Planning at the State Department from 2009 to 2011.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report brought to you by United Health Military and Veterans Services. For more defense news, click here.