Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Justice Dept. official moving up to No. 3 post
Monday - 2/27/2012, 6:00pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Tony West, the head of the Justice Department's civil division, will become the acting associate attorney general, the No. 3 post at the department.
Associate Attorney General Thomas Perrelli is leaving the post after a busy three-year tenure overseeing some of the department's most sensitive issues, including the ongoing negotiations with companies involved in the Gulf oil spill. Perrelli also was one of the central figures in leading negotiations with five major U.S. banks that resulted in a $25 billion settlement with the nation's top mortgage lenders.
As head of the civil division, West has defended the Obama administration's health care law in the courts and has led the government's lawsuits against state immigration laws passed in Arizona, Alabama, South Carolina and Utah.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)