Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Obama names new TSP Board chairman
Tuesday - 8/30/2011, 4:31pm EDT
President Obama nominated Kennedy last week to take over for Andrew Saul, who has served as chairman for 9 years, according to the TSP website.
The five-member board is responsible for developing and establishing TSP investment policy, said Tom Trabucco, director of external affairs at FRTIB.
The board is set up to be "very stable," he said.
"If you look at the board member terms, they are by law staggered so there's not a lot of turnover that's going to affect policy consistency, if you will," Trabucco said.
Some information about Kennedy from the TSP website:
[Kennedy] is a Managing Director in the Atlanta office of Korn/Ferry International and a member of the firm's global financial services practice, specializing in commercial/investment banking, capital markets, and asset management searches. He also co-leads Korn/Ferry's Diversity Practice. Prior to joining Korn/Ferry, Kennedy founded his own venture capital consulting firm, and was a Vice President at GE Capital Corporation and at Wachovia Corporation in the US corporate group. He started his financial services career with J.P. Morgan's Investment Management Group in New York. Kennedy is also a member of the Board of Trustees of the Georgia Employees' Retirement System pension fund. He holds a B.A. with highest honors in history and political science from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a M.B.A. from the Harvard Business School.