Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Young feds share what they really think
Monday - 7/25/2011, 6:00am EDT
By Jolie Lee
Federal News Radio
Federal News Radio asked young federal employees from several agencies to share what they love, hate and would change about government. They also explained what they think is unique about their generation and how their skills and knowledge can help in the federal workplace.
"We don't expect the status quo."
-- Chad Davis, 30
Corporation for National and Community Service
Read more from Chad.
"I wish we had more access to more technology."
-- Ayesha Edwards, 29
Department of Education
Read more and watch video with Ayesha.
"It seems like my friends and fellow employees have influenced the older generation."
-- Joshua Franklin
U.S. Election Assistance Commission
Read more from Josh.
"I'm helping people out whose shoes I used to be in."
-- Steven Fyfe, 28
Read more from Steven.
"I was really conscious as a young employee that I needed to prove myself."
-- Katie Rush, 29
National Institutes of Health
Read more from Katie.
"I think leadership is very aware that we are the next generation coming up.
They want to know what we think."
-- Scott Thomas, 26
L.A. Air Force Base
Read more from Scott.
Check out more from the Federal News Radio special report, "The New Face of Government."
Part 1 - Introduction: New Face of Government
Part 4 - Young feds share what they really think (Read the profiles of six young feds)