Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Fridays, 10:00 a.m.
Inside Government is produced by the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE). The program features interviews and commentary on a wide range of subjects that impact the lives and livelihoods of federal and D.C. government workers and the general public, and features lawmakers, journalists, union leaders, celebrities and more.
AFGE's Law Enforcement Committee, TSA MSBP rights, voter protection, and Union strategies - May 23, 2014 and May 30, 2014
Friday - 5/23/2014, 8:02am EDT
On this week's show:
This week "Inside Government" speaks with AFGE's Law Enforcement President and Sargent of Arms about the committee's work; Stacy Bodtmann, AFGE Council 100 Regional Vice President talks about issues at TSA; Alexander Keyssar from the Harvard Kennedy School of Government talks about voter protection; and, Bill Berry, author of "Union Strategies for Hard Times" discusses his book and what Unions can do in this threatening economic and political climate.
Jeff Zuhlke (pictured), Roger Neff
AFGE Law Enforcement Committee's President and Sargent of Arms
Zuhlke and Neff discuss the Committee's mission, how it participated in Police
Week, and what threats face federal law enforcement officers.
AFGE Council 100 Regional Vice President
Bodtmann discusses TSA employees' lack of MSPB rights and other issues that affect
Dr. Alexander Keyssar
Professor of History and Social Policy at Harvard Kennedy School of Government
Keyssar describes impediments to voter protection laws and the potential impact on
the upcoming midterm elections.
Author of Union Strategies for Hard Times and former Director of Labor Studies at the Community College of Baltimore County
Berry talks about his book and how Unions can kick start their plans to organize
in a digital age.