Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Fridays, 10:00 a.m.
Inside Government is produced by the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE). The program features interviews and commentary on a wide range of subjects that impact the lives and livelihoods of federal and D.C. government workers and the general public, and features lawmakers, journalists, union leaders, celebrities and more.
National Nurses Week - May 9, 2014
Thursday - 5/8/2014, 9:36am EDT
On this week's show:
This week AFGE's "Inside Government" explores the issues facing our nation's nurses during National Nurses Week with AFGE District 8 National Vice President Jane Nygaard, Diane Clines, President of AFGE Veterans Affairs Local 96, Jeff Sladek, District 13 VA Representative and Marilyn Park, an AFGE Legislative Representative who focuses on VA Issues for the AFGE National VA Council.
AFGE District 8 National Vice President
Nygaard discusses National Nurses Week and how the 2015 Budget is impacting nurses
at the VA.
President of AFGE VA Local 96
Clines explains her work in St. Louis and how the Local and Council works for
nurses in the VA.
District 13 VA Representative, VA Local 495 President
Sladek discusses his work in District 13, his 30 years as a registered nurse, and
Veterans Affairs' staffing challenges and its effect on care.
AFGE Legislative Representative who focuses on VA Issues for the National VA Council
Park delves into the legislative climate for the nation's nurses and challenges
with funding at the VA.