Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
IGs: promoting effectiveness and efficiency in the federal government
Friday - 7/8/2011, 7:07pm EDT
One way federal agencies do so is with the help of their respective Office of the Inspector General.
Inspector Generals work tirelessly to conduct audits, investigations and inspections to make government more effective and prevent fraud and abuse.
What is an IG and how are they selected and trained? How do investigations begin? Who oversees the IG community?
Host Bill Bransford explores these questions and more with Tom Caulfield, Executive Director of the Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency Training Institute and Inspector General Allison Lerner of the National Science Foundation.