Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
IGs: promoting effectiveness and efficiency in the federal government
Friday - 7/8/2011, 7:07pm EDT
One way federal agencies do so is with the help of their respective Office of the Inspector General.
Inspector Generals work tirelessly to conduct audits, investigations and inspections to make government more effective and prevent fraud and abuse.
What is an IG and how are they selected and trained? How do investigations begin? Who oversees the IG community?
Host Bill Bransford explores these questions and more with Tom Caulfield, Executive Director of the Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency Training Institute and Inspector General Allison Lerner of the National Science Foundation.