Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
IGs: promoting effectiveness and efficiency in the federal government
Friday - 7/8/2011, 7:07pm EDT
One way federal agencies do so is with the help of their respective Office of the Inspector General.
Inspector Generals work tirelessly to conduct audits, investigations and inspections to make government more effective and prevent fraud and abuse.
What is an IG and how are they selected and trained? How do investigations begin? Who oversees the IG community?
Host Bill Bransford explores these questions and more with Tom Caulfield, Executive Director of the Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency Training Institute and Inspector General Allison Lerner of the National Science Foundation.