Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Are You Ready to Telework?
Friday - 1/7/2011, 3:53pm EST
After last month's passage of the 2010 Telework Enhancement Act, these questions need to be addressed to implement increased telework in the federal government.
Telework policies, agreements and training programs are being created, as agencies work to meet the requirements mandated by the legislation. The legislation requires agencies to determine the eligibility of employees to telework, establish telework policies, and inform those employees who are eligible of the option within 180 days. Agencies must also set up training programs for both teleworking employees and their managers, as well as establish a telework managing officer.
Join host Bill Bransford as he discusses the new telework law and the Office of Personnel Management's new unscheduled telework policy with Cindy Auten of Telework Exchange and Paul Rowson of WorldatWork.