Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Are You Ready to Telework?
Friday - 1/7/2011, 3:53pm EST
After last month's passage of the 2010 Telework Enhancement Act, these questions need to be addressed to implement increased telework in the federal government.
Telework policies, agreements and training programs are being created, as agencies work to meet the requirements mandated by the legislation. The legislation requires agencies to determine the eligibility of employees to telework, establish telework policies, and inform those employees who are eligible of the option within 180 days. Agencies must also set up training programs for both teleworking employees and their managers, as well as establish a telework managing officer.
Join host Bill Bransford as he discusses the new telework law and the Office of Personnel Management's new unscheduled telework policy with Cindy Auten of Telework Exchange and Paul Rowson of WorldatWork.