Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
How federal employees 'do good'
Tuesday - 10/19/2010, 4:27pm EDT
October 22, 2010 -- Helping other federal employees in times of need; excelling in their jobs and helping achieve their agencies' missions; and saving lives, saving money, fighting waste, fraud and abuse.
These are just a few of the ways that federal employees do good every day. The details of these acts can be seen in two very different programs - the Partnership for Public Service's Service to America Medals (Sammies) and the Federal Employee Education & Assistance Fund's (FEEA) "Feds Helping Feds" program.
This week on FEDtalk, host Bill Bransford will be joined by representatives from each program to discuss the ways they serve the federal government.
During the first half of the show, Robyn Kehoe, FEEA's Director of Field Operations, will talk about how FEEA helps federal employees through emergency loans, scholarship programs, and disaster assistance programs.
In the second half of the show, Bill will be joined by Jim Seymour, Senior Program Manager at the Partnership for Public Service, to learn about the Sammies and how nominees are chosen and what they are chosen for.
Gregg Ward, Senior Vice President, Government Affairs of the United Technologies Corporation (UTC) will also discuss the importance of federal employees to the private sector and talk about why UTC sponsors the Sammies awards.