Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
How federal employees 'do good'
Tuesday - 10/19/2010, 4:27pm EDT
These are just a few of the ways that federal employees do good every day. The details of these acts can be seen in two very different programs - the Partnership for Public Service's Service to America Medals (Sammies) and the Federal Employee Education & Assistance Fund's (FEEA) "Feds Helping Feds" program.
This week on FEDtalk, host Bill Bransford will be joined by representatives from each program to discuss the ways they serve the federal government.
During the first half of the show, Robyn Kehoe, FEEA's Director of Field Operations, will talk about how FEEA helps federal employees through emergency loans, scholarship programs, and disaster assistance programs.
In the second half of the show, Bill will be joined by Jim Seymour, Senior Program Manager at the Partnership for Public Service, to learn about the Sammies and how nominees are chosen and what they are chosen for.
Gregg Ward, Senior Vice President, Government Affairs of the United Technologies Corporation (UTC) will also discuss the importance of federal employees to the private sector and talk about why UTC sponsors the Sammies awards.