Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
How federal employees 'do good'
Tuesday - 10/19/2010, 4:27pm EDT
These are just a few of the ways that federal employees do good every day. The details of these acts can be seen in two very different programs - the Partnership for Public Service's Service to America Medals (Sammies) and the Federal Employee Education & Assistance Fund's (FEEA) "Feds Helping Feds" program.
This week on FEDtalk, host Bill Bransford will be joined by representatives from each program to discuss the ways they serve the federal government.
During the first half of the show, Robyn Kehoe, FEEA's Director of Field Operations, will talk about how FEEA helps federal employees through emergency loans, scholarship programs, and disaster assistance programs.
In the second half of the show, Bill will be joined by Jim Seymour, Senior Program Manager at the Partnership for Public Service, to learn about the Sammies and how nominees are chosen and what they are chosen for.
Gregg Ward, Senior Vice President, Government Affairs of the United Technologies Corporation (UTC) will also discuss the importance of federal employees to the private sector and talk about why UTC sponsors the Sammies awards.