Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
How federal employees 'do good'
Tuesday - 10/19/2010, 4:27pm EDT
These are just a few of the ways that federal employees do good every day. The details of these acts can be seen in two very different programs - the Partnership for Public Service's Service to America Medals (Sammies) and the Federal Employee Education & Assistance Fund's (FEEA) "Feds Helping Feds" program.
This week on FEDtalk, host Bill Bransford will be joined by representatives from each program to discuss the ways they serve the federal government.
During the first half of the show, Robyn Kehoe, FEEA's Director of Field Operations, will talk about how FEEA helps federal employees through emergency loans, scholarship programs, and disaster assistance programs.
In the second half of the show, Bill will be joined by Jim Seymour, Senior Program Manager at the Partnership for Public Service, to learn about the Sammies and how nominees are chosen and what they are chosen for.
Gregg Ward, Senior Vice President, Government Affairs of the United Technologies Corporation (UTC) will also discuss the importance of federal employees to the private sector and talk about why UTC sponsors the Sammies awards.