Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
The new face of terrorism
Friday - 5/31/2013, 8:07pm EDT
Harmon is an expert on terrorism and counterterrorism and he will discuss the recent attacks in Boston and London, and whether they represent a change in strategy for terrorists around the world.
He will talk about the rise in so-called "individualized terrorism", in which attacks are planned and carried out by one person or very small terror cells.
In some cases, these terrorists are working on their own and are not affiliated with any terrorist organizations.
Harmon will explain how these terrorists are being recruited, what motivates them, the tactics they are using, what can be done to stop the attacks from occurring.