Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
What is the Broadcasting Board of Governors?
Friday - 4/27/2012, 11:31pm EDT
Bruce Sherman is the director of the board's Office of Strategy and Development, and Jeffrey Trimble is the deputy director of the board's International Broadcasting Bureau.
They will talk about the organization's mission, its audience, how it operates, and its plans for the future.
The BBG is a federal agency that oversees all U.S. government-funded broadcasts that are produced for international audiences, including the Voice of America, Radio Free Asia, Radio and TV Marti, and the Middle East Broadcasting Networks.
Those programs distribute content in fifty nine languages and reach 180 million people around the world each week.