Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
What is the Broadcasting Board of Governors?
Friday - 4/27/2012, 11:31pm EDT
Bruce Sherman is the director of the board's Office of Strategy and Development, and Jeffrey Trimble is the deputy director of the board's International Broadcasting Bureau.
They will talk about the organization's mission, its audience, how it operates, and its plans for the future.
The BBG is a federal agency that oversees all U.S. government-funded broadcasts that are produced for international audiences, including the Voice of America, Radio Free Asia, Radio and TV Marti, and the Middle East Broadcasting Networks.
Those programs distribute content in fifty nine languages and reach 180 million people around the world each week.