Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Advisory Council on Historic Preservation
Friday - 12/10/2010, 5:42am EST
December 10, 2010 -- It is a small agency but its impact is great.
It is involved in the preservation of the nation's history and its mission is to promote the preservation, enhancement, and productive use of our nation's historic resources.
It also advises the President and Congress on national historic preservation policy.
Derrick T. Dortch talks to John M. Fowler, Executive Director of the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (ACHP) about its mission, the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA), and Section 106 which ACHP works with a great deal and provides training to federal agencies, companies and others.
Dortch also talks to Fowler about some of the projects ACHP has and is working on including the move of the Department of Homeland Security to the St. Elizabeth's campus and the preservation of the history on the grounds and in the buildings.