Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Advisory Council on Historic Preservation
Friday - 12/10/2010, 5:42am EST
December 10, 2010 -- It is a small agency but its impact is great.
It is involved in the preservation of the nation's history and its mission is to promote the preservation, enhancement, and productive use of our nation's historic resources.
It also advises the President and Congress on national historic preservation policy.
Derrick T. Dortch talks to John M. Fowler, Executive Director of the Advisory Council on Historic Preservation (ACHP) about its mission, the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA), and Section 106 which ACHP works with a great deal and provides training to federal agencies, companies and others.
Dortch also talks to Fowler about some of the projects ACHP has and is working on including the move of the Department of Homeland Security to the St. Elizabeth's campus and the preservation of the history on the grounds and in the buildings.