Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
SAMMIES Review/Local Government Job Losses
Friday - 9/17/2010, 11:45am EDT
McConnell was backstage and had a chance to interview each of the award winners and ask them about how they got into government service as well as some other questions that provided insight into their government careers and the passion they have for the work they do. Dortch talks to McConnell about his interviews with the award winners.
In the second half of the show Dortch talks to McConnell about a report from the National League of Cities that reports that many city, county and state agencies across the nation may have to layoff and cut the rank of government employees by almost 500,000. McConnell has been following the story closely and Dortch examines what is causing these job losses with city, county and state government agencies.