Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
10 steps to the government job search & effective social networking
Friday - 4/9/2010, 11:24am EDT
GovCentral.com is one of these.
Owned and operated by Monster.com, which also designed and now operates USAJOBS for the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), GovCentral.com provides job seekers advice and information on the government job search, pay scales, security clearances, and more.
Derrick T. Dortch talks to Chris McConnell, Editor of GovCentral.com about the site and its many features including its article on the 10 Steps to a Government Job, its "Monthly Government Jobs Report" and the social networking components that assist people in meeting and getting assistance from fellow job seekers and Federal workers.