Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
10 steps to the government job search & effective social networking
Friday - 4/9/2010, 11:24am EDT
GovCentral.com is one of these.
Owned and operated by Monster.com, which also designed and now operates USAJOBS for the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), GovCentral.com provides job seekers advice and information on the government job search, pay scales, security clearances, and more.
Derrick T. Dortch talks to Chris McConnell, Editor of GovCentral.com about the site and its many features including its article on the 10 Steps to a Government Job, its "Monthly Government Jobs Report" and the social networking components that assist people in meeting and getting assistance from fellow job seekers and Federal workers.