Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Coach shoots teen during robbery near Mich. school
Wednesday - 2/6/2013, 5:39pm EST
DETROIT (AP) -- A 70-year-old high school basketball coach shot and killed one teenager and wounded a second as they attempted to rob him outside the school, Detroit police said.
Ernest Robinson, an assistant girls' basketball coach at Martin Luther King Jr. High School, was accosted by two males Friday evening while walking two members of the girls' team outside King High, said Officer Cassandra Lewis, a police spokeswoman.
"They announced a robbery, a struggle ensued and he pulled a weapon and fired," said Lewis, who added that Robinson is a reserve police officer and licensed to carry a concealed pistol.
Michael Scott, a 16-year-old ninth-grader at the east side school, was shot and killed, according to Steve Wasko, a spokesman for Detroit Public Schools.
A 15-year-old male was wounded. His name was not released.
Detroit police homicide investigators submitted a warrant request this week to the Wayne County prosecutor's office. Prosecutors were reviewing the case Wednesday to determine whether to file charges, spokesman Mark Bernardi said.
Scott's mother has told reporters that her son did not have a gun.
"I lost my son and I want answers," Priscilla Scott said.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.