Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
SSA offers early retirement to 9,000 employees
Wednesday - 8/8/2012, 10:02am EDT
To be eligible, employees must have 20 years of creditable service and be at least 50 years old, or have at least 25 years of creditable service at any age, including five years of civilian service, according to an SSA email to Federal News Radio.
Employees must be serving under a non-time-limited appointment and have been continuously working for SSA since Dec. 26, 2011.
Also, employees under the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS) must have served in a CSRS position for at least one year out of the two years immediately before retirement. This last requirement does not apply to employees under the Federal Employees' Retirement System (FERS).
The offer is effective immediately, and the date of separation is Sept. 30, 2012.
The early retirements are not buyouts. The email did not state SSA's target number for workers who retire early.
SSA is one of at least a dozen agencies offering buyouts and early outs.
The Federal Times first reported this story.