Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Jobs Act & greening the government
Thursday - 4/4/2013, 6:56pm EDT
- When the Jobs Act was signed into law pieces of it went into effect immediately while rule making by the SEC has missed its deadlines. So where are we today? Bloomberg Government Analysts Afzal Bari and Cady North are here to explain where we go from here.
- Federal requirements for agencies to go green will create billions of dollars in contracting opportunities for energy companies during the next few years, according to a Bloomberg Government Analysis. In fact there's still 789 million dollars available in the competitive stage. Bloomberg Government Analyst Evan Croen will join the program to explain his latest analysis on greening the Ggvernment.
Articles from BGov.com require a subscription.
||Allen Scott (moderator) specializes in customer on boarding and training at Bloomberg Government. Allen previously worked at Arbitron, Inc. where he served in a variety of roles from customer service to sales operations manager. Prior to Arbitron, Allen worked in radio for several years in the Washington and Baltimore areas. Most recently he spent six years at 99.1 HFS as co-host and news director.|
||Afzal Bari is a financial analyst at Bloomberg Government, focusing on technology and telecommunications. He advised senior executives at large global firms as a strategy consultant with the Corporate Executive Board. Bari holds an MBA from Duke University and undergraduate degrees in information technology and government.|
||Cady North is a finance policy analyst with Bloomberg Government. She joined Bloomberg Government from Financial Executives International, where she was senior manager of government affairs. North has a B.A. in government from the University of Texas at Austin.|
||Evan Croen is a quantitative analyst with Bloomberg Government. Evan worked at Boston Consulting Group, focusing on the energy, chemical and health-care industries, and at Duke Energy, where he researched strategies to reduce carbon emissions from Chinese energy production. He earned an MBA and master's degree in environmental policy from the University of Michigan along with an undergraduate degree from Princeton.|