Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
VA launches virtual hiring event for veterans
Wednesday - 6/13/2012, 10:14am EDT
VA calls it a hiring event, because employers will be equipped to make job offers on site. And it won't be accessible only in Detroit June 25-29. But servicemembers at five bases will have virtual access.
VA will offer teleconferencing at Fort Drum, N.Y., Fort Knox, Ky., Rock Island Arsenal, Ill., Fort Leonard Wood, Mo., and Fort Riley, Kans.
Mary Santiago, VA's director for employment services, said the hiring event will have 21 thousand jobs available. She says at a similar event in D.C., 14 percent of the attendees ended up with jobs.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.