Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
VA launches virtual hiring event for veterans
Wednesday - 6/13/2012, 10:14am EDT
VA calls it a hiring event, because employers will be equipped to make job offers on site. And it won't be accessible only in Detroit June 25-29. But servicemembers at five bases will have virtual access.
VA will offer teleconferencing at Fort Drum, N.Y., Fort Knox, Ky., Rock Island Arsenal, Ill., Fort Leonard Wood, Mo., and Fort Riley, Kans.
Mary Santiago, VA's director for employment services, said the hiring event will have 21 thousand jobs available. She says at a similar event in D.C., 14 percent of the attendees ended up with jobs.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.