Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Tips for combating the insider threat
Wednesday - 3/14/2012, 6:19pm EDT
Hord Tipton, the executive director of ISC2 and the former chief information officer at the Interior Department, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the "red flags" managers should look for in the hiring process.
Tipton compiled a list of those warning signs in a post for AOLGovernment.
"In our rush to hire qualified people, we must avoid those candidates who are noticeably susceptible to life's pressures and who may demonstrate unpredictable behavior as a result," Tipton wrote.
Some of those red flags to "rogue behavior" include employees' opinions of hacking and how ambitious they appear to be.