Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
White House plans new veteran-hiring incentives
Friday - 8/5/2011, 9:38am EDT
The "Returning Heroes Tax Credit" will award $2,400 to firms for each veteran they hire that has been unemployed for less than six months. It gives $4,800 dollars if the veterans were unemployed for more than six months, administration officials said.
The package of measures also includes improved retraining and education for vets to help smooth their transition back into the civilian workforce.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.