Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Vets' jobless rate climbs to nearly 10 percent
Monday - 2/7/2011, 3:04pm EST
The Labor Department reported Monday that the national unemployment rate dropped 0.4 percent - to a new level of 9.0 in January. But the rate for veterans climbed to 9.9 percent. That's an increase from 8.3 percent in December.
Joseph Sharpe, director of the economic division for the American Legion, says there are several reasons why the unemployment rate among vets is typically higher than the rate for all Americans.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.