Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
OPM offers hiring reform workshops
Monday - 1/31/2011, 2:40pm EST
Federal News Radio
Monday is the last day to sign up for the Office of Personnel Management's series of workshops to assist agencies in enhancing their recruitment programs and hiring processes.
The programs are intended for HR practitioners, recruiters, staffing specialists and anyone involved in developing and administering recruitment and staffing programs.
The Effective Hiring Workshop (EHW) series is part of the Call to Service Initiative, a joint program between OPM and the Partnership for Public Service.
Agencies must register by Jan. 31 to attend by emailing OPM.
The workshops will consist of lectures, panel discussions, best practice presentations and small group exercises. OPM will use the materials and ideas developed in the series to create tools, job aids and learning modules to assist other agencies build collaborative relationships in their hiring processes.
The EHW series consists of six seminars:
- Building the foundation for manager and HR collaboration (Feb. 24)
- Down the hall or across the country: succeeding in a modern HR environment (March 17)
- Whose job is it anyway? Roles and responsibilities in job analysis and assessment (May 12)
- SME's to the rescue (July 12)
- Proving your HR/Hiring manager collaboration is improving (Oct. 11)
- Maintaining the collaboration through transition and change (Dec. 1)
The workshops will take place at the Partnership for Public Service in Washington, D.C.
Each seminar will be repeated the following month as a webinar for agency field locations.
In this climate of hiring reform, OPM has rolled out several tools to help agencies adopt the new requirements. Other tools include Mobile Assistance Teams, the HR to HR blog forum and abbreviated internet training sessions.
(Copyright 2011 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)