Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
OPM launches iPhone and iPad App for federal job seekers
Tuesday - 10/19/2010, 1:49pm EDT
Federal News Radio
The Office of Personnel Management launched a free USAJobs app for the iPhone and iPad.
The app allows job seekers to search the more than 30,000 federal jobs posted on USAJobs.gov and receive status updates on jobs they have applied to.
The app also includes a feature that allows the user to shake the phone to go to a detailed view of a job announcement, according to an OPM release.
"USAJobs.gov is a hugely successful site that helps people identify employment opportunities with Federal government agencies," OPM Director John Berry said in the release.
"These enhancements are helping us make USAJobs even more accessible to the American public," Berry said. "It is part of our commitment to simplifying the federal hiring process and providing the public with the tools they need to join the Federal workforce."
Since debuting last week, the app has been downloaded more than 50,000 times. The app is the first in a series planned for mobile devices.