Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Phased retirement and financial awareness
Monday - 8/18/2014, 9:54pm EDT
August 18, 2014 -- Is phased retirement something you should consider and how will you be affected financially?
This week on For Your Benefit, our host, Bob Leins, welcomes Ray Kirk, a federal benefits expert, to provide his insight on the Office of Personnel Management's recently released phased retirement guidelines.
Our discussion addresses the known aspects of the program and its financial aspects to consider.
- Exactly what is phased retirement?
- Who's eligible?
- How does it work?
- When can phased retirement start?
- What happens to your federal annuity if you become a phased retiree?
- What happens to your pay and benefits?
- After a phased retirement is completed, how will your annuity be impacted when you fully retire?
- How could it affect your TSP, Social Security and income tax?