Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
2014 Causey Award Winner - Dr. Nick Nayak
Tuesday - 8/5/2014, 2:08am EDT
Dr. Nick Nayak
Former Chief Procurement Officer
Homeland Security Department
Nick Nayak was recognized for his efforts as the former DHS chief procurement officer in leading a governmentwide push to build a smarter acquisition workforce.
Read what the nominators had to say about Nick Nayak.
- Very strong results from programs he initiated.
- At the third largest department in government, he is improving and
transforming its acquisition program.
- He has strengthened the acquisition workforce, improved customer satisfaction and reduced turnover.
Listen to our full interview with Nick Nayak:
GET TO KNOW THE AWARD WINNER:
Federal News Radio asked each Causey Award Winner to answer questions about him or herself so that we could learn a little bit more about them. Here's what Nick Nayak had to say:
- What is the best piece of advice you most often give to your protégés?
Aim to be likeable in every interaction with every person daily — it will make others feel better, you will be happier and your stakeholders are more likely to give you the benefit of the doubt when working through tough issues.
- What is the worst piece of advice you have ever received?
I have never listened to bad advice.
- Who has been your biggest role model and why?
My father and mother — they came to the United States from India with $5 — worked hard, treated all people well, helped many who are less fortunate and lived the American Dream.
- If you didn't work for the federal government, what would be your dream
An employee of a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping others.
- What hidden talent do you have that most of your coworkers don't know
about? Or, what's one thing most of your coworkers don't know about you?
I'm teaching myself how to play guitar using YouTube.
- If you could ask one person in history any question, who would it be, what
would be the question and why?
My mother — why did you guys leave India to come 10,000 miles to that place called America? I love hearing the answer.
- Who would you most like to have a business lunch with?
My sons Anil and Nilesh — they are the smartest people I know, they are funny and I love them.
- Your alarm clock rings at 5 a.m. on a Monday workday. What's the first
thing on your mind?
I look forward to the day!
- What is the last book you read?
Federal News Radio awarded four individuals with a 2014 Causey Award. Read more about each of the recipients.