Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Analysis of the Second Fort Hood Tragedy and How the 2015 Budget Proposal Will Affect Department of Defense Employees - 4/25
Thursday - 4/24/2014, 5:00pm EDT
On this week's show:
AFGE's "Inside Government" focuses on the second tragedy at
Fort Hood. The AFGE DEFCON Chair Don Hale discusses the incident and what the
Department of Defense has done since the first incident in 2009; Jeff Zuhlke, the
President of the AFGE Law Enforcement Committee and Chair on DEFCON's Police and
Security Working Group explains security on military installations; Michelle
Washington, a Doctor at the VA with an MS and PHD in Mental and Behavioral Health
discusses PTSD, its symptoms and how to treat it; and in a second segment, Hale
discusses the threats that civilian employees and military families face in the
2015 Budget Proposal.
AFGE DEFCON Chair
- The incident at Fort Hood and what the Dept. of Defense has done since the first tragedy in 2009.
- Issues in the 2015 Budget Proposal that threaten civilian employees and military families.
Chair of DEFCON's Police and Security Working Group
- Security on installations and how it can be improved for civilian employees.
AFGE member and VA Doctor, MS and PHD in Mental and Behavioral Health
- The causes and symptoms of PTSD and how it is treated.
J. David Cox, Sr.
National President, American Federation of Government Employees
- President Obama's 2015 budget proposal and why AFGE is advocating for a 4 percent pay increase for government employees.