Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Federal offices open Tuesday with delayed arrival
Monday - 3/3/2014, 10:00pm EST
The Federal Executive Board recommended agencies in the Baltimore area should open no later than 10 a.m. on Tuesday, March 4, according to Richard Howell, the executive director of the Baltimore FEB.
The information below is copied directly from OPM.
Non-Emergency Employees who report to the office will be granted excused absence (administrative leave) for up to 2 hours past their expected arrival time. In accordance with their agency's policies and procedures, subject to any applicable collective bargaining requirements, non-emergency employees may notify their supervisors of their intent to use:
- earned annual leave, compensatory time off, credit hours, or sick leave, as appropriate;
leave without pay;
- their alternative work schedule day (AWS) off or rearrange their work hours under flexible work schedules; or
- unscheduled telework (if telework-ready).
(Employees who request unscheduled leave should be charged leave for the entire workday.)
Telework-Ready Employees who are regularly scheduled to perform telework or who notify their supervisor of their intention to perform unscheduled telework must be prepared to telework for the entire workday, or take unscheduled leave, or a combination of both, for the entire workday in accordance with their agency's policies and procedures, subject to any applicable collective bargaining requirements.
Pre-approved Leave. Employees on pre-approved leave for the entire workday or employees who requested unscheduled leave for the entire workday should be charged leave for the entire day. Emergency Employees are expected to report to their worksite on time unless otherwise directed by their agencies.
Sign up for Federal News Radio's breaking news alerts and be the first to know when OPM makes a change to the operating status of federal offices in the D.C. region.
Check out Federal News Radio's sister station, WTOP (103.5 FM in the D.C. region), for the latest weather and traffic updates related to Monday's winter storm.